HP Printer Error code 20 in HP printer signifies that Printer Not Activated, displayed usually on PC while printing. It is recommended by HP printer technical support professionals that before proceeding to the solution, they are requested to verify if the printer is working fine? This can be achieved easily by printing a self-test page and confirming the USB connectivity from printer to PC
Cause of HP Printer Error Code 20
Printer Error Code 20 may be reason where wrong printer is set-up as a default printer and printer driver is missing, or if there are few clashes found in device manager.
Steps to Repair HP Printer Error Code 20
Step 1: Crucial Printer is set as a Default Printer
- Go to the Start Button and click on the option of Printers and Faxes icon to open Printers folder.
- If it’s found that the desired printer icon is missing, then an individual is requested to proceed to go to Step two.
- Ensure that the desired printer has a proper check mark which should be located next to it indicating that it is set as a default printer.
- If the desired printer does not have a projecting check mark, then just have a right-click on the printer icon and then click on the option of Set as Default Printer icon.
- Click on the printer icon, and then on the option of Print Test Page to print a Windows self-test page.
- If your Windows test page prints successfully, then it’s suggested by HP printer support to close all windows and try printing again from application what they were using before.
- If Windows test-page is not print yet, then go to the next step.
Step 2: Re-Installation of USB Composite Device from Device Manager
Step 3: Reinstallation of HP Software
If all the above-given steps do not work for your issues, please uninstall and then reinstall HP software carefully.
If you are still stuck to troubleshoot HP Printer error 20 issues. Come and get your errors or issues resolved with our experts.
Reach us at HP Printer Customer Support Number
By doing so, you will throw away all the errors or issues from the printer and it would help you to utilize all the features of the printer.
So, these are some of the steps that would help you in the procedure to fix HP Printer error code 20. All the steps are exclusive and they offer complete help for the errors or issues. If you face some issue in the steps or you face Error, feel free to contact HP Printer support at any time.
John Rise is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for Printer support at HP printer support & HP Printer Customer Support